Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Curve Ball

As I am sitting on the examination table in an orange sherbet colored johnnie, I see it posted on the cabinet in front of me.  The dreaded BMI. (body mass index) Sigh.  I walk over and plot my height and weight and take a gander at the legend.  Curses!-I am overweight.  I mutter to myself the absurdity of this.  I don't see myself as overweight.  I don't feel overweight.  I wear size 8 pants.  How can this be?  Who is the moron who invented this thing anyway? I can't imagine it was a woman.  We are smarter than to subject ourselves to such torture. 

Women should be soft and have curves as depicted in these two classic portraits-


John Singer Sargent's Madame X
 

1879-William Adolph Bouguereau "The Birth of Venus"
 This post wouldn't be complete without paying homage to this legendary shapely sex symbol-

No comments: