Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Book Smarts? or Street Smarts?

INJUSTICE

The current tuition for earning a bachelor's degree at Bryant Univeristy is $144,000.00.  That figure doesn't include lodging.  My sister is a graduate of Bryant, class of 91.  Suffice it to say, she is the victim of a major injustice.  It is the tradition in our family to go to my parent's house on Christmas Eve and dine on local Chinese cuisine.  This year was no exception.  We end the meal by passing around the bowl full of fortune cookies and we each take a turn reciting our fortune.  I wish I could remember what exactly my sister's fortune was, but it sounded more like a proverb than a fortune.  It had something to do with turning your eyes on yourself and looking within.  Anyway, after reading hers, she laughs and declares "I don't even know what that means."  

Does anyone else see the irony here?

No comments: