Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Guilt is a powerful manipulator.  Some wield it expertly.  My mother seized her opportunity every time I came home from a shopping spree.  It was torture.  I was forced to hide my shopping bags in the trunk of my car and then smuggle them in when she wasn't home.  The real challenge was when she caught me wearing one of my new garments.  "Is that new?" she would probe.  "This old thing?" I would lie.  It was a vicious cycle.

There is nothing like the thrill of a successful shopping spree.  Unfortunately, I never really thoroughly enjoy it because I am always consumed with guilt afterwards.  However, today, I am freeing myself from the chains of my mother's past guilt trips and have decide that I am going to enjoy my frivolous spending.  FUCK IT ALL!  In celebration, I've included a snapshot of one of my purchases.  The photo doesn't really do this graphic shirt justice because there are actually hot pink shiny studs in the cross that my smartphone didn't capture.  Without further ado....


    

No comments: